Thursday, October 20, 2011

What should I pair with that?



I so love technology - especially the internet!  Anything I need to know, or want to learn is right at my fingertips. There is a great site called "stumbled upon", that helps you discover and share great websites that may be of interest to you and your friends.  Since this blog is about great things to eat and drink, I thought I would share a fantastic resource for food and wine.  Of course this is just a guide; there are really no steadfast rules when it comes to enjoying good food and a great bottle of wine! However, when it matters and you want to find the best wine to compliment your meal, then this a great resource. 

Remember that foods tend to go well with the wines they grew up with. So if you are having an Italian meal you may want to choose an Italian wine. Palmina winery, in Lompoc wine ghetto, would be my first choice for some exceptional Italian wines.

HAPPY PAIRING!!!


Mediterranean style pizza, stuffed paquillo peppers and a nice Ampelos Pinot from D'vine




Sparkling wines are delicious with chocolate. 'Flying Goat' cellars
in Lompc's wine ghetto has one of the best I have tried.



A lot of the wineries will have a dessert wine that will
 compliment your dessert or finish off your meal all by itself.
California Pinots pair wonderfully with salmon. We are lucky to live in an area that has so many wonderful wines. I have enjoyed every Pinot at every winery in the Lompoc wine ghetto.

No comments:

Post a Comment